Monday, June 21, 2004

The dangers of the Ladder

Well children I have been having quite the weekend let me tell you what. Remember my birthday party, well Mrs. McSanders got all the kids in my kindergarten class to fingerpaint me these adorable pictures and I've just been pinning them up all over the place. So what I'm trying to say is that I've spent most of my time on a ladder all weekend. Well ladders are very dangerous children and let me tell you why...Well Mr.BumpkinClockworksOrangeGeorgeHarrison (that's my my new kitten) and Jeremy simply haven't been getting along. Jeremy would sit down to read his War and Peace or some dirty magazine he keeps in the couch cusiune and Mr.BumpkinClockworksOrangeGeorgeHarrison would just come full blast across the room and head butt him in his spectacles, right there on the back of the couch. It's simply hilarious to watch and Jeremy gets all irrate and starts throwing his book or magazine around and our living room gets simply littered with pictures of naked women, and then company comes over and I have to quickly scoop it all up to protect Jeremy's dirty little secret. It is really very flustering. WEll finally, last Sunday, Jeremy had just plain had enough. He sat down and began to thumb through one of his penthouses keeping a tracking eye on Mr.BumpkinClockworksOrangeGeorgeHarrison, and as soon as that kitten took a charge for his head Jeremy whipped out this metal bat he had stashed earlier behind his smoking chair and took a mighty swing at the charging kitten. It was all hell from there. It seems Mr.Baseball town champion didn't secure a full grip on the bat before he swung it and rather than hitting the cat it flew threw the air straight for the ladder I was standing on at the time. Well being the quick that I have been trained to be (I can kill on a dime) I grabbed the edge of the weightbearing post I was pinning paintings and launched myself, feet first mind you, off the chair and through I poorly contstucted ceiling (the same move can be used near fire escapes while dogging chargin cars in a narrow alley). I ended up in the sewing room. Needless to say we all got a good laugh out of it.
I spent the rest of the day moving all my sewing equiptment down to the old animal labratory below the house so Jeremy could repair the hole in his spare time. After which I finished pinning up all the pictures, they really are simply magnificent, children can draw the strangest things.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelwhy said...

You should share some of those pics on your blog - that would be magnificent!

June 21, 2004 at 4:56 PM  
Blogger astrocoz said...

Those ladders can be quite tricky with such a ruckus. What a bad little kitten or maybe a good little kitten, but bad Jeremy.

June 25, 2004 at 8:39 PM  
Blogger Gaea Rogers said...

Martha Martha Martha! I can't believe it, but I just stumbled onto your website entirely (self-indulgent pun) on accident! Remember me, Gaea Rogers, we met at the convention at the New York Hilton and you were selling corn cakes and mistook me for an anorexic model and tried to force feed me? I never forgot the compliment, and am in a sense, working for the fashion industry today...But the point is, you should get a hold of me (well you'd be lucky to, wink wink) my blogspot is www.GaeaGoesWild.blogger.com

June 28, 2004 at 5:11 AM  
Blogger Gaea Rogers said...

Oh dear, my lapdog was distracting me and I seemed to have mistyped my address. It's www.gaeagoeswild.blogspot.com Visit soon, luv!

June 28, 2004 at 5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home